- Super User
Useful Links and Further Information
- Robert Louis Stevenson Web Site - lots of useful background
- Robert Louis Stevenson Club
- Stevenson House - RLS's childhood home in Edinburgh - B&B is available
- The Stevenson Trail in the Cevennes
- The Long John Silver Trust in Bristol, based on Treasure Island
- The Colinton Community Conservation Trust in Edinburgh have an RLS Trail from when RLS was a boy.
- European Cultural Route - In the Footsteps of Robert Louis Stevenson
Some Useful Websites
Sustrans - Sustainable Transport
Visorando - a walking planner
UNDISCOVERED SCOTLAND Stevenson Way Page
Associated Travel Companies
Access and Responsibility
Please be aware of the Scottish Outdoor Access Code (Especially if you are not from Scotland)
Advice from Mountaineering Scotland, including Wild Camping, Minimal Impact, Ticks, Where to 'Go' in the Outdoors, etc.
During the deer stalking season, typically September and October, you need to check access beforehand. Scottish Natural Heritage have launched a new Heading for the Scottish Hills website which provides deer stalking information for hillwalkers. Also, in the spring you need to be aware of lambing and/or calving and be prepared to change your route accordingly.
Under the Scottish Outdoor Access Code legislation, councils are required to draw up plans of "Core Paths" in their area. Some of these Core Paths are used in the Stevenson Way.
Mountain and other weather sites
Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
- Lyme Disease Action
- The Mountaineering Scotland have tick information
- UK Hillwalking: How to Avoid Ticks and Lyme Disease
The Vagabond by RLS (sung in French)
"On the Way to RL Stevenson" - the Chemin de Stevenson (in Czech)
Les Cévennes de Robert Louis Stevenson (In French with German subtitles)
Please note we are not responsible for the content of these links.